British Gymnastics have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to join their passionate and dedicated team
37 hours per week
based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Shropshire
Salary and benefits
£25,167 – £41,199 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
British Gymnastics is the UK Governing Body for gymnastics. We exist to support, lead and inspire all those involved or interested in gymnastics; from the creation of new programmes and activities at grass roots level in the community, to the development of talent producing international gymnasts.
Within People Services, we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to join our passionate and dedicated team. Managing the delivery of a professional and effective HR service, you will be responsible for all HR activities and programmes ensuring fairness and compliance and will work closely with line managers to develop and promote a culture of high performance. As an inspirational leader you will be instrumental in helping us to deliver against our strategic plan.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
• Manage and develop the HR Team to deliver a clear and comprehensive HR Service
• Develop, implement and maintain HR Policy, practice and guidelines
• Deliver regular and meaningful HR analytics including remuneration, benefits, turnover etc.,
• Effective management of employee relations issues, supporting line managers where necessary
• Overseeing the processing of the monthly payroll.
• Overseeing the job evaluation process and performance management framework, supporting and coaching line managers for informal and formal performance management
• Work closely with the Head of department to develop and embed succession planning, talent management programmes and initiatives to support a high performance culture.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification in human resources management and extensive knowledge of and experience within a HR environment
• A comprehensive knowledge of HR & Payroll databases/systems, payroll and pensions processes, budgets and financials etc
• A track record in developing and implementing strategic HR initiatives
• Great interpersonal, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
• Ability to engage with and win the respect of leaders to successfully influence them.
• Effective line management experience and good IT skills.
An outstanding communicator, you will have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to organise and plan effectively. Current knowledge of HMRC regulations and experience of processing payroll via an in-house system would be advantageous as would a payroll qualification.
A full current UK Driving Licence with access to own car for work and willingness to travel is essential.
For further details on the role please download the Role Profile
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please complete and return an Application Form along with a copy of your CV and Equality Monitoring Form.
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to:
British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129 ext 2398
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 26th February 2017 – midnight
Interview Date: Week commencing 6th March 2017
Interview Venue: Lilleshall National Sports Centre