Are you a Sport and Education Consultant?
The GO Run For Fun campaign aims to get children aged between 5-10 up and running through 1 mile – 2 km fun running events across the UK and overseas. Since the start of the campaign in 2013, 170,000 children have taken part in a GO Run For Fun event across 270 events spanning the UK, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, France and the USA.
In the next phase of the campaign, we are looking to develop an educational programme related to Dart TV, the campaign’s short educational series educating children on health and nutrition.
The Sport and Education Consultant position will be responsible for creating and planning the new educational programme.
- To write sport educational content and plan physical activities to accompany a series of short educational videos related to themes such as coordination, hydration, nutrition and balance
- To provide subject consultancy, advice and professional support to those involved in introducing the new educational programme to the GRFF campaign
- To ensure all content within schools programmes is aligned, and supports, the governing bodies advice and plans for schools and sport programmes
- To liaise with school head teachers and engage them in the pilot programme
- To deliver a pilot and contribute to the effective implementation of the new programme development
- To liaise with schools regularly and understand programme challenges and adapt programme accordingly
- To update website content to ensure it accurately reflects the new schools programme and engages schools to get involved
- To assist in the development of systems and processes to aid the programme implementation, quality assurance and monitoring and evaluation to measure the impact of the new programme
- To be responsible for any financial budgeting and monitoring associated with these duties and responsibilities
- To develop engaging, creative and interactive content to engage children in inter-school education sessions that will motivate and inspire children to participate in sport
- To work closely with the Youth and Community Team to ensure delivery of educational strategy in line with commercial sponsor’s requirements
- To train the Education Event Executive to deliver and monitor the education programme
- To conduct a full evaluation of the pilot programme and present all findings in an extensive post campaign report
- Considerable experience writing/planning educational content or curriculum based health and well-being or sport related activities
- A university degree, ideally sport, health or education related
- Knowledge of government school sport legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of education in the sport sector and experience of teaching and working with young people
Location is flexible – Newcastle upon Tyne, London or Glasgow. This is a freelance contract position, from January – April 2017, full time for 12 weeks although we will be happy to consider other working patterns such as 4 days per week for 15 weeks.
Closing date 10th January 2017
Equal Opportunity Statement
Nova International is an equal opportunities employer. Please remember to remove your date of birth information before applying for this role.
Read more at http://www.thegreatruncompany.com/careers/vacancies/sport-and-education-consultant/#G3GP8Xe92Lvxpjlz.99