Head of Operations, Derbyshire Institute of Sport
- Location: Sports Centre, University of Derby
- Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience (0.8 FTE)
- Hours: Part Time
- Contract: maternity
- Closes: 11:30pm – Wed 22nd March, 2017
- Job Reference: DIS_HoO
- Interview Date: Tue 28th March, 2017
The Derbyshire Institute of Sport was inspired by the London Olympic Games and was launched in 2012 as Derbyshire’s legacy programme. Although Derbyshire had produced champions in the past, our aim was to create a systematic model, leaving less to chance, and giving our athletes the best possible chance of achieving their Olympic dream. There are three key objectives to our programme:
- To identify and select – the best athletes and coaches who have the potential to be World Class
- To facilitate appropriate support services – by understanding what athletes / coaches need to turn their dreams into reality
- To recognise and promote the successes – showcasing Derbyshire as a county which can compete with the best in the world on the sporting stage
Each year we support the best athletes from Derbyshire and offer them the opportunity to join our specialist performance family. We meet with each athlete on a regular basis and offer them an individualised bespoke programme, based on their needs. This includes; performance advice, goal setting and pathway planning, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, performance impact athlete education workshops, access to high performance gym etc.
Over the past four years, we have had some significant success:
- 16 athletes have progressed onto World Class programmes
- 49 athletes have become national champions
- 28 athletes have won international medals
As we embark on the next four year cycle, our 20:20 vision is clear – “To ensure the top 20 athletes from Derbyshire become World Class by 2020“.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated leader who is able to fulfil the role of Head of Operations for a minimum of six months. He/She will work with the Board of Directors to provide the strategic leadership for all aspects of the work of Derbyshire Institute of Sport and in particular to lead the implementation of the 20:20 vision.
Applicants should have a sport development degree or equivalent and substantial experience in performance sport. Excellent partnership working, project management, line management and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team with internal and external stakeholders are essential.
Applicants should submit a CV along with a covering letter explaining relevant experience against the job description to Chloe Maudsley – email@example.com
If you would like to discuss any aspects of this role in further detail, please contact Chloe Maudsley on 07774 423557 / firstname.lastname@example.org
head-of-operations-job-description.doc (Document, 76 Kb)
- Contact: Chloe Maudsley / 07774 423557 / email@example.com
- Derbyshire Sport actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community.