Premier League Schools Manager – Aston Villa Football Club
(35 hours per week some evening and weekend work required)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Premier League Schools Manager to work within our Foundation, reporting to the Head of Foundation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Key Stage 1 and 2 national curriculums and will act as a central point of contact for all schools, actively increasing the number of partner schools, whilst overseeing a team of full-time and part-time coaches delivering a range of activities across the curriculum.
The Premier League Schools Manager will play a central role in the growth and development of Aston Villa’s work in primary and secondary schools across Birmingham.
The Premier League Schools Manager will manage all aspects of the new flagship Premier League Primary Stars project, as well as managing existing relationships with schools and developing new ones.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- The creation of a profitable and robust revenue generation plan ensuring foundation’s schools programme maximises its reach within Birmingham and the West Midlands
- Write and communicate and annual service plan to inform the work of the Foundation within schools
- Creating and maintaining a database of direct school contacts across Birmingham and the West Midlands
- Work with other departments and the Football Development Coordinator within the Foundation to ensure effective cross-selling across Aston Villa Foundation projects and activities (e.g. schools, soccer schools, coaching clinics and development centres)
- Develop links with key local partners and governing bodies to ensure that the Foundation’s primary school sport and education programme is part of the wider strategic and sustainable development of PE, sport and education in the region
- Design and develop a range of curriculums to be delivered in school across subjects including physical education, health and wellbeing, numeracy, literacy, science and history
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with the Premier League, local authority education departments and other relevant partners
Essential skills and experience required:
- Proven experience with a sports organisation with leading the execution and delivery of school sports programmes
- Experience of selling educational and sports packages to schools
- Proven track record of managing a successful team of staff
- Experience of budgetary management
- Experience selling educational packages into schools
- Experience in project management
- A university degree or equivalent higher education qualification
- Minimum FA Level 2 coaching qualification
- A full driving license valid in the UK
- Knowledge of PE curriculums and requirements and development of PE/PSHE/
- Literacy/Numeracy programmes
- Working knowledge of Key Stage 1 and 2 national curriculums in primary schools
Salary: £26,926 per annum
To apply please send your CV and covering letters, including your current salary details and notice period to email@example.com or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Closing date: March 22, 2017
Interview Date: March 28, 2017